Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, June 08, 2003

Playing Catch-Up Not Cutting the Mustard

It's a fairly busy month for me, and something's got to give. I can't keep up with my workload and my message board posting and my reading and my blogroll, so I've taken to alternating days doing one or the other (except for the first, where of course I'm not given a choice if I want to keep my job). Today I'm just about caught up with my DC comp box reading, bringing my unread comics down to only one manageable box (a box seems to hold about 100 comics standing upright). To "celebrate" I moved all the unfiled comp box stuff from, oh, the past 4 years or so out of Robin's studio (which was getting very cramped and dusty) and into the foyer to sort One Of These Days. That means, of course, I've missed Glen Rangwala's latest article (someone get me that man's bio, he's becoming one of my personal heroes!) and Salam Pax's debut in the Guardian and Bill Moyers' speech at the Take Back America conference and a whole bunch of other good stuff y'all are probably right on top of. On the other hand, I've been alert enough off-line to notice actual spring in New York (yes, we had an Actual Spring Day on Friday, low humidity and everything!) so I guess it all evens out.

0 comments: