Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Bright Lights, Big City

So I noticed new traffic lights and Walk/Don't Walk signs going up at the intersections around where we live and where I work. And I said to Robin, "Isn't this a strange expenditure of money, considering the fiscal crisis we're in?" And he said, "No, not really, they're doing it for some very good reasons." And he was right, of course; here's the DOT's take on it.

Speaking of New York luminaries, Matt Caldecutt at The Week magazine has asked for my help in "compiling a comprehensive list of bloggers in the [New York] tri-state area whom we can invite to the bloggers conference which The Week magazine is planning to hold in August." I think I know which of the folks on my blogroll qualifies for this list (I've counted Tom, Peter, Lesley, MadKane, Maru, Adam, August, Sarah and Mikhaela), but I know said blogroll comprises such a teeny tiny portion of what's out there that I could really use your help here, folks. Please use the comments section and/or e-mail me with your lists of tri-state bloggers whom you think would like to attend this, including their names ("if they wish to provide them"), e-mail addresses and blog URLs. I hope to get back to Matt by week's end with this. Thanks in advance!

0 comments: