Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, December 08, 2002

Live Like Him

Jeanne d'Arc has a lovely remembrance of Father Phil Berrigan on her blog. And if you want to read Berrigan's self-epitaph, Natalie Davis (link at left bar) reproes it here.

Lots of HerBlogs ("herblog" is also untaken at Blogspot, by the way) to sift through - and I've hardly begun what with not yet recovering from a work week that had to consist of around 50 hours for no overtime nor comp time - but from just the first few I've perused so far I suspect there's a lot to blogroll in the next week or so. And I was able to exercise my righteous indignation over at Blogsisters (link at left bar) regarding an issue near and dear to my heart, women who choose to get ahead in a chosen profession by acting and dressing all girly and flirtatious. Not having been soft and cute myself since, oh, age 9 or so, I've always looked at these Reindeer Games People Play from a distance as my nose glows (yes, Robin and I both have miserable colds). I found writing that little diatribe quite freeing, as Blogsisters is a female safe space and it's a lot easier to go off on a feminist rant there, amid other feminists and girlists and the like, than to do it on, for instance, comic book message boards, where even a stray gag about a goodgirl artist brings the defensive response from one male reader, "No offense, Elayne, but I'd rather read one of your long repetitive monologues on feminism than see you using a cheap joke like this." Boy, and they call feminists angry! :) (See, Jeanne, you aren't the only one getting silly comments.) Oh, and I've also officially joined Blogs by Women - see all the way down on the left bar. Thanks to Bonnie and Sara for helping me with the coding.

0 comments: