Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, December 06, 2002

More on BlogGals

Thanks to Jeanne d'Arc at Body & Soul (link at left bar) both Ampersand (l.a.l.b.) and I have discovered the work of Mikhaela Reid, who will also go on my Women Doing Comics list at the next update, and who's now blogrolled at left along with Diane E., thanks to Skippy (l.a.l.b.), and Brooke Biggs, thanks to Diane. I had to laugh whilst reading Jeanne's great entry about having a file full of blogs that she wants to peruse prior to blogrolling, as I have the same "problem." Particularly now that I'm planning to participate on Blogsisters (l.a.l.b.), and considering I worked an almost 12-hour day again yesterday making computer reading tricky at best during a busy day and the last thing I want to do in the evenings. Between Jeanne's lists of female blogs to read and Skippy's e-mail to Ms. Musings (l.a.l.b.) listing more fembloggers, I feel like I have to play a mean game of catch-up now, maybe this weekend whilst the upstairs neighbors bang about (in preparation, the rumor mill again has it and if there's a God in heaven, for moving out). An embarrassment of riches, to be sure!

[Update: MadKane (l.a.l.b.) just blogged about how so many of us have been discussing the subject of female bloggers lately? Coincidence? Probably not, considering we all read each other's entries. :) I was going to take her "gender differences in the workplace" quiz but then I came to the question which started "When someone's secretary asks for beverage orders..." and decided to boycott on principle because I am "someone's secretary" (I work for the CEO and my answer to question 5 is "b" which I seem to do, oh, pretty much my every waking hour) and we secretaries do seem relegated to taken-for-granted invisibility anyway, apparently even in gender quizzes. :) ]

0 comments: