Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, October 11, 2002

Crash!

My hard drive at work has just bit the big one, and I'm typing on the graphics computer in the next cubicle as our IT guy is configuring a new hard drive to install at my workstation. Fortunately, almost all my work data was saved to network drives (with the exception of some stuff that I needed to do in WordPerfect, which froze up every time I tried to open a file on a networked drive, and naturally the office no longer has that version of WP so I'm kinda screwed there). Unfortunately, it's been a long time since I'd thought to back up my Explorer "Favorites" folders, so they're gone too, and that was a lot of work-related stuff, including lots of links to stuff for my boss and his family. No way in hell am I going to be able to re-create it. Ah well, at least I've saved my blog links here... gotta go, the IT guy is now going to teach me Windows 2000 - yeeee!

0 comments: