Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, October 10, 2002

Inker-Boy Makes Good

My husband Robin is one of those reserved Brits who tends not to toot his own horn that much, even though I think he's one of the best comic book artists around (and a superb inker). Just my completely unbiased opinion, of course. ;) In any case, it's been frustrating to me that his work hasn't really gotten any appreciable advance publicity since the advent of comic book news sites. I'm sure this is not only because artists working as inkers don't tend to get a lot of press anyway, but in large part it's also because his major assignment for the last 4½ years has been on a book that, while it had its following, never seemed to make any big-splash news (until, naturally, the issue after Robin and the book's penciller left). Well, now he's working on a couple of issues of a story trilogy being pencilled by our friend Alan Davis, and it's the lead story on Newsarama today. (The headline is Avengers Stand-Off.) Just one more excuse, not that any are needed, to give my husband another virtual hug.

0 comments: