Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Too Much Movement

So lots of my work colleagues are leaving at the end of this month (fiscal year end), having taken an early retirement package which was tempting to me but, you know, a steady paycheck for the next couple years still beats 8 months' worth of severance. In any case, this has meant trying to get up to speed on my new assignment, staying on top of the folks I'll be passing on to others, and today I just found out our entire floor will be moving to a new floor opening in our office space next Tuesday. The partner I support on that floor should be all set with his designated space, but I can't secure mine until at least Thursday when reservations open (no doubt while I'm still on the bus like today, delayed around the Met for 10-15 minutes due to the UN stuff which you wouldn't think would affect anything on the west side). At this point I'm just kind of waiting for things to slow down before I feel like I have a handle on stuff again.

0 comments: