Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, September 24, 2026

The Coming Storms

Lots of cautionary tales are starting to make the rounds about a big nor'easter hitting our area this weekend. Naturally Saturday is the day we made our appointment for our COVID and flu shots, and we  have to go food shopping, so that's still the plan. Meanwhile, I said farewell to the 16th floor of our firm's NY headquarters, as the business unit on that floor (including the partner I support) is moving to our brand-new 10th floor starting next Tuesday, the next day I'll be in the office. And I'll be busy saying farewell to a lot of coworkers in the next week; I'm starting to think I'm something of a sucker for not taking the early retirement package myself, being past retirement age, but I still want that steady paycheck a little while longer. And as the weather cools I'm starting to feel it in my bones and am very grateful for the temporary presence of a warm kitty body.

0 comments: