Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Mostly Nor' and East

The big nor'easter is upon us, and I must say we totally lucked out here in Bronkers. I wasn't about to cancel our appointment for our COVID-19 and flu vaccines, and I didn't have to. We even did our shopping at the strip mall with our favorite conveyor belt sushi place, and all we seemed to get throughout was a bit of rain and very little wind. So we basically danced between the nor'easter and were home for the worst of it. We even missed our temporary power outage, but had to reset our analog clocks and reboot our computers upon our return. Not too shabby! The baseball season in New York continues to dwindle to a whimper, certainly where the Mets are concerned, and the Yankees didn't play today and might not tomorrow. Good time to go analog! Lots of comics to read, and a lovely orange kitty to cuddle. I'm more than ready for autumn!

0 comments: