Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, August 15, 2026

Back, To the Future

SuperCuts did their usual terrific job and I am shorn for the foreseeable. On the other hand, my back has gone all wonky. Fortunately I have a back brace, a heating pad, and plenty of ibuprofen, but it's still a nuisance and a half. I was able to move around enough by mid-morning to pass along some old sneakers to a neighbor, then get the haircut and Robin's meds and go grocery shopping, but after that I was shot for the rest of the day. I've never been a good patient, and back pain is one of the worst for me. I just hope it eases by Monday, as the auto place called and said their inspector isn't in tomorrow so I'll have to take a couple hours off work (if I can even walk) to take the car in.

0 comments: