Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, October 06, 2024

Silly SIte o' the Day

At my brother's request we hopped into the car again and, instead of taking it to the auto shop for needed maintenance (which I can no longer do on weekdays because it's a new fiscal year and I want to save up vacation days for actually Going Places), we chanced that it would work fine and drove out to NJ again to check in on Mom. She's still asymptomatic but we were masked the whole time, I didn't come within six feet of her except to comb her hair, we threw out our masks when we left, and when we got home I did the entire Lady MacBeth soliloquy whilst washing my hands, the way I did four years ago. We made it back before 4 PM, despite being socked by traffic going into the GW Bridge (it built up way earlier than I expected it to, which is why I dislike traveling to NJ on a Sunday), so I saw enough of the Mets game to realize they weren't going to win this one. Now back to the west coast game. It would have been nice to have seen some of these stickers during our drive:


 Via Laughing Squid.



0 comments: