Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

Even though there's tons of noisy work right outside my home office, in the patch of "no man's land" (which some man seems to have claimed now, and has razed the lovely plant life in an apparently plan to pave paradise and put in a parking lot), we have no plans this weekend to go anywhere - not to Mom, not to New York Comic Con, not to see any foliage since it's all around us now anyway - except food shopping and to the local Optimum store so Robin could transfer his phone number from his old iPhone to his new one (which has an e-sim and apparently has more stringent security measures). I bought tons of beans for the bean salad I'm hoping to make for next Saturday's annual college frat reunion, but of course so much depends on Mom. And my stomach. Good job I didn't attempt to go see my comic industry friends! Besides which, even the thought of crowded indoor spaces still freaks me out a bit. Interestingly, Nature's Dick Pics doesn't freak me out at all.

0 comments: