Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, October 14, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

I had so much going on this weekend I completely forgot to note how much around-the-house organizing I got accomplished, everything from reconciling finances to doing my Woolite wash to finishing about three months' worth of the local paper to throwing out our trash. It helped a lot to come back to an organized apartment after all that. Unfortunately, and I'll blame the Mets because why not (but more likely my stomach and inability to breathe properly) I slept pretty lousy, and was up from 4-5 AM then had Robin wake me again at 7, so I sleepwalked through my work-at-home day doing stuff that required expertise rather than deep thought. I filled my eight hours and was able to watch the Mets win this time, tying their series (as much as I love them I don't think they have a chance against the Dodgers, but I'm happy about the one win so far). Yanks are on now and looking fairly nice so far. Maybe what I like about baseball is that all the players wear caps; when did hats go out of style, anyway?

0 comments: