Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

This evening's thunderstorm caused a break in the action of tonight's "Subway Series" game between the Yankees and Mets. I'm glad I stayed up to watch last night's slugfest, and the Mets were playing well tonight until the rains came. Lots of thunder and lightning in our area too. But I made it home okay (fortunately my usual buses were running in both directions, albeit the homeward one was massively delayed due to bridge-bound traffic on the Deegan) before the skies opened up, and all should be clear tomorrow, when I can finally put this week in Manhattan to bed and get ready for one work-from-home day before our summer break. I've also discovered a cool new-to-me Facebook group thanks to this post, so I have what to do...

0 comments: