Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, June 21, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

What an utter disaster. After waiting two weeks to be seen by the Hyundai dealer in Scarsdale, I finally arrived for my scheduled appointment only to find that a diagnostic to determine why the Air Bag light (which is currently not lit) keeps intermittently staying on would (a) cost at least $300 and (b) take 2-4 hours. In the blazing sun with no waiting room... what kind of a racket is this place? And why didn't they just quote me that when I called to make the appointment? We left but fast, soothing ourselves with conveyor belt sushi before driving home in disappointment. Guess I'll have to find a different Hyundai place, maybe in NJ. So far at least the power steering assembly is holding (that was the other thing I wanted them to check). Speaking of disappointment, the Yankees are going down in flames again and the season ender of Dr. Who was literally deus ex machina and, to my mind, played much more to emotions than logic. That can be fine, the entire run of The Flash was kind of like that, but I just don't think it was done that well despite some real tour de force acting. Maybe I should stick to reading stuff like this.

0 comments: