Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, May 25, 2024

Silly Site o' the Day

The bottom of my infected toe where the skin had peeled off is recuperating nicely thanks to neosporin, as both the new skin comes in and the infection on the top becomes less inflamed. It's certainly helping that I'm able to soak it three times a day until Tuesday when I'm back in Manhattan! Grocery shopping was a bit painful but not as bad as I'd dreaded, and now we're set for our beginning-of-summer holiday feast with the usual cliched American foods of hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, and various cold salads (egg, potato, cole slaw). The FA Cup final was today (missed the last bit due to food shopping), but I'm looking forward to the baseball games all weekend (Yankees much more than Mets), although a bit sad that I can't see beep baseball, but then neither can its participants.

0 comments: