Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

The morning commute was hellish (big accident on the FDR snarled traffic on all other major arteries around NYC), the evening one even more so, but in between I had a lovely time attending group sessions (managed to stay 6 feet away from everyone) and a very nice reception for me and a couple dozen other winners of our Chairman's Award (now retitled the Award of Distinction), the highest honor an employee of KPMG can receive, which was very cool. Not a dinner, but an open bar (of which I didn't take advantage) and lots of hors d'oeuvres and a table with veggies and shrimp cocktail and piles of cold cuts like Parma ham (of which I took great advantage). And each winner got a bottle of champagne. Mine chilled nicely as I waited for almost an hour in the frigid temps for my homeward-bound bus (what should only have been a 20-minute wait), so I'm beyond tired now, and goodness knows how I'm going to make it through tomorrow, except that I don't have to go into Manhattan again! Speaking of Manhattan, I completely forgot to watch the marathon last Sunday, but at least I get to see the signs now.

0 comments: