Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, November 03, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

My car's left headlight has been changed out and is now ready for the shorter days, not that I usually drive in the dark but sometimes it can't be helped. Made it back home by 9 AM, plenty of time to catch up on the few emails that came in while I was gone. The day was busy and surprisingly bottom-heavy, and I'd completely forgotten a neighbor was coming 'round to pick up an old lamp which doesn't fit our living room any more, but she rang the bell and I brought it down and all's well. Our new lighting has been working out great, Robin's been upgrading things like crazy this week with better power strips and ethernet cables and stuff I probably don't even want to know about, and I've updated my iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest iOS at last (I've been waiting for the official go-ahead from my employer, since I have work email and calendar stuff on it) as well as a number of cards in my wallet that have either expired (buh-bye Costco, we never used you) or been superseded, so we're both in great shape now except for the A1C thing. But it looks like I've re-established my bike routine again, and will try to keep it up even on Manhattan days and weekends. The Cats on Catnip calendar might help with that, then again it might not.

0 comments: