Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

Today is Veterans Day, or Remembrance Day in the UK, a day when we're supposed to reflect on the futility of war, how there are no winners, and how two wrongs never, ever make a right. And that's all I'm going to say about the current Middle East situation. Closer to home, we got a lot of stuff done; I'm pretty much all packed now for my overnight trip to Florida in a few days (I just received a gift from the firm having to do with the trip, the perfect warm sweater to wear to and from the NY airport and possibly in the evening down there if it's cold), my finances are sorted, I made a huge-as salad with all the veggies I bought this morning, and at this point it's just a waiting game. Tomorrow I steam an extra shirt for Wednesday evening's reception and await touchscreen gloves to match the new sweater. I can't even think ahead to Thanksgiving at this point, but that hasn't stopped John Lewis from chugging full steam ahead to their annual Christmas ad:

Via Laughing Squid.


0 comments: