Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, October 07, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

Ugh, it felt like one of those days when I was assaulted not only by the weather but by my body and mind. No sooner did we dry off from shopping in the deluge (where my brakes made sounds I hadn't previously heard, but they seem to be working fine) then I remembered at least three things I wanted to buy and hadn't put on the shopping list. Then later this afternoon I took a bit of a chill, followed by my first ocular migraine in memory, then a bit of gastrointestinal fuckery (as Robin calls it), so that put paid to any productive work I was going to get done. But I did see parts or most of all four divisional series openers, and what a pleasure it was to watch well-played baseball for a change! Well, except for poor Clayton Kershaw's first inning of work, my heart goes out to him and Dodgers fans. Meanwhile on the internet, it pays to be warier than usual of passed-along photo memes, as increasingly AI is helping images pass along subliminal visual messages. As we all knew it would, let's face it.

0 comments: