Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

It was very much a good news, bad news day on the job. My supervisor resigned, and I'll miss her tremendously as we got along very well and she was the best exec assistant advocate I've ever known. Meanwhile, my own career seems to have swung in an upward trajectory of late, first achieving the milestone that's sending me to our Orlando-area educational/hotel complex for a couple days next month, and now winning a local Award of Distinction which is kind of the biggest deal an employee can get in the firm, so there's that. I feel a weird kind of survivor's guilt, but the fact is that, despite many discouraging things that seem to happen adjacent to me, I still love my job, and I guess that shows. What's the point if you can't come to work every day with a positive attitude, you know? It's still going to be awhile before I'm eligible for this mug, after all.

0 comments: