Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

Posting a bit late tonight as we just finished watching the second season of Foundation, based on a series of books I read half a century ago, one of the first books that got me into science fiction as I recall. I never thought they'd be able to make a series out of so many abstract ideas, but they've done a bang-up job. And it was a perfect rainy day activity, given the Mets lost and the Yankees got rained out and Liverpool isn't playing until tomorrow, when we're going out in the rain again to have brunch with Robin's niece and tool around Manhattan a bit. And this morning's shop was successful considering we kept it in the neighborhood, as I didn't want to risk the highways in the rain and wind. The only thing that really niggled at me was the shrinkflation (via BoingBoing).

0 comments: