Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Silly Site o' the Day

It was both the best and worst day to go into Manhattan. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, I got to touch base in person with six out of the 11 partners I support, and one of them took me to a lovely sushi lunch. But it's UN Week and Climate Week, lots of dignitaries (including Presidents Biden and Zelinskyy) were in town, tons of side streets were cordoned off, and on the way home I found out that the express buses were few and far between due to lots of bus operators (drivers) deciding to take today off. Fortunately I didn't have long to wait for the bus I wanted, and got home at a reasonable hour. It could be worse, I could be living in an English city... or could I?

Via Laughing Squid.


0 comments: