Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

Woke up again, braces on, with severe wrist pain, but the weirdness about this is that it comes and goes, so it can be fine for a few hours then I do something silly like pick up a knife to chop food and then ouch. But right now, post-shower, it's behaving. And I think it'll only get better, as our new recliners arrived today! I suspect the old ones, which had certainly seen better days, were contributing to our arm and shoulder pain. Robin will certainly be feeling aches aplenty tonight, as he assembled the new chairs and, with the immense help of our downstairs neighbor's strong 20-something son, managed to take the old ones down the two flights and into the alley between our house and the next, where the landlord wasted little time in scooping them up. Good luck sir, you can use them for kindling but that's about it. While assembly was going on and Zed was locked in "his" room, I decided to make the "healthy" cranberry sauce recipe passed on by, of all places, New York Presbyterian. It involved maple syrup (we have a keto version so no sugar) and an orange, and it turned out great! I was feeling lucky so I also made a vegetable/tofu stir fry for lunch, after which I didn't want to push my luck too much so the salads will wait. Maybe I'll just forgo it altogether and buy a KFC holiday log. Oh no wait, we don't have a fireplace.

0 comments: