Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Silly Site o' the Day

A very fun day! I hadn't expected it to be, but I got my usual weekend stuff (comics order, shopping list, etc.) done yesterday and early this morning, and when I went to get my car keys from the zippered portion of my hip pack I discovered the earbuds I thought I'd lost in Manhattan yesterday. Because Apple's FindMy app couldn't find them even though my phone and earbuds were in different compartments in the same bloody hip pack. Relief washed over me, and I decided to chance it after our shopping and afternoon nap and update my Mac's operating system (smooth as silk). Then with Robin's help I bit a tiny bullet and paid $20 for a year's subscription to Peacock because it was worth it to stop bitching about their bloody paywall, but I screwed up and typed in a fictitious email address inadvertently (my full name "at" my company instead of an address that actually exists). Fortunately the online customer service person helped me within like five minutes and that's all straightened out now. I'm almost afraid to touch any more tech, things have been going so well! We even watched the first episode of the new season of British Bake Off. I've been doing my happy dance all day!

Via Mark Evanier.


0 comments: