Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

Success! Well, partial success. I have so many scallions I wanted to make scallion pancakes. The recipe I followed wasn't the best, and I completely screwed up the first batch of dough (I am NOT a baker), but now I know what I want to do next time and how I want to do it (half the amount of scallions much more finely minced, substituting microplaned ginger instead of salt, flattening the pancakes more prior to cooking). Glad I had enough energy to try it. Next time I get a burst of energy I'm going to start perusing low-impact workout videos, since there's no way I'm going out in this pandemic and in this heat. Do you think I should try cupcakes next, or leave those cupcake liners for the chickens to wear as tutus?

0 comments: