Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, March 27, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

Up early two days in a row, only today it was by choice, as we decided to go to the local Stop & Shop during their "old folks' hour" (around 6:30) and the gourmet grocery right across the street (which opens at 7), and it was about as perfect as could be hoped given the current circumstances. We got everything on our list and then some, and the fridge is full and happy, as are our tummies. Since I'd prepared mentally it was a lot easier to get through the busy workday, and I promised to be "on call" during the weekend so I'll have my work laptop plugged in to help out if necessary. After we did our shopping I gassed up the car ($2.10 per gallon right around the corner from where we live), so that's one less thing I have to worry about, not that we're going anywhere much yet. Even so, with anxiety being as high as it is all around the place, I wouldn't be surprised to find myself reacting like one of these Brits:



Via BoingBoing.

0 comments: