Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Silly Site o' the Day

My first day of "social distancing" as I self-isolate in very real fear of the coronavirus, as I'm in two high-risk groups (age and immune-compromised) for COVID-19. Only a couple things I'm going to need in Manhattan and I have workarounds in place for those. So I've started the long process of adjustment for long-term work from home. The work part is going fine so far, it's the "from home" bit that will need to change. Today we took a long walk at lunchtime so I don't feel as shut in. In the coming days I'm going to start meal planning and exercise programs to take the place of my usual walking around Manhattan (even if just for commuting). I'm trying to grab at silver linings here and be optimistic. I hope to end up eating much healthier, although I'm pretty sure I won't be trying any of these cakes any time soon.

0 comments: