Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, December 02, 2019

Sixty-Two and Me

For the most part I think I'm doing better at 62 than I was at 61. I finally got a raise so with any luck I can put some money in savings after the turn of the year, in the hopes of a trip either East (London) or West (CA) during the newly-designated week-long closure our company is having in the beginning of July. Zed's happy and healthy, Robin's doing well too, Mom's still hanging in despite various aches and pains, both brothers and wives are okie-dokie, and so far our heat is working. My coworkers' plans to take me to lunch got scuttled due to the coming storm (and it being the first day back from the Thanksgiving holiday), but a couple of my partners treated me to delivery from the place I was going to go anyway so all's well, plus my supervisor said I could leave early to get home before the worst of the snow made the roads too slippery. So really, despite the horrors around us in this world, at this very moment life's good, and I'm glad I've made it once more around the sun as it were. Thanks all.

0 comments: