Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Silly Site o' the Day

I've felt queasy all day, but got through work just fine (give or take more trips to the "reading room" than I would have liked) and decided to not only exercise my franchise but my body as well, so walked home from the polling place. Alas, the school where my district voted has been under reconstructions for like three years now so voters had to follow a convoluted trail round to the back of the building. You seriously have to be a dedicated political wonk to want to go to all that trouble. Anyway, it's about an 8-10 city block walk from the school back to my home, and ordinarily my lazy self would have just hopped back on the city bus because of the uphill/downhill nature of that walk, but I needed to pick up new menus from some area restaurants so decided to hoof it. Alas, that did me in; I'm now running a 100-degree-plus fever. Took some ibuprofen with my dinner and am headed off to bed shortly, but not before noting that there was a big Apple announcement today:


Via BoingBoing. Wait, that's not it? Maybe this is it:


Oh well, I'm sure it's one of them.

0 comments: