Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, December 27, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

We couldn't even get down the outside stairs this morning, much less traverse the unplowed driveway-road to the unplowed main road to get to the express bus which wasn't running anyway. So yeah, snow day! Spending much of it under covers with comic books and kitties while Robin works. Every now and then I make a futile attempt to catch up on some blog reading. At least I'm down to only three unread categories, all the News+Views ones, but each of those has around 700+ unread posts. So, no blogaround for the foreseeable. Nonetheless, I'm starting to catch up on some individual blogs, and one of Kevin Drum's posts intrigued me, as it discusses a new Google program in beta, the Ngram Viewer, which looks through "lots of books" from the past 200 years to find which phrases are popular during which eras. A great way to look up all the odd phrases I seem to use in every day speech - peachy keen!

0 comments: