Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, I may still feel like I'm about 23 years old in my head, but my body is feeling just about all 53 of my years today. The least Datsa could have done was let me sleep unbroken for my birthday. But I gotta tell you, nothing cheers me up like going to Facebook and seeing all the greetings. I never thought I'd anticipate that the way I used to look forward to getting cards in the mail. I can't wait to get a smartphone with apps and whatnot so I can look at that Facebook thingy all day and learn how to, what do the kids call it, text. Yes, I'm so hep! Goodness, I'm old. Hey you kids, get off my imaginary lawn! And if anyone's so inclined to take the photo on my blog and match me with a look-alike celebrity, maybe you can figure out how to do the Totally Looks Like Builder, I sure can't. Probably because this new-fangled technology confuses old folks like me.

3 comments:

Rich said...

I will be different and wish you happy birthday from here instead. :)

LilBambi said...

Happy Birthday Elayne!!!

May you have many more to enjoy!

BTW: 53 is still a youngster - it is my job to be older! ;-)

Much love!

Bambi

Mustang Bobby said...

Happy birthday, young lady!