Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Probably my favorite holiday, in which we nominally honor Native Americans (be sure and listen to Pass the Indian, Please; I'm listening to Alice's Restaurant as we speak, still pleased they let Arlo sing Woody's song with his own daughter at the Macy's parade) and celebrate the bounty of the harvest and all the things in life for which we're thankful and it's all wonderfully secular. iStockphoto and I wish everyone a wonderful day!



I'm thankful that I have a good, steady job that I love.

I'm thankful that my husband has started to get some work, at long last.

I'm thankful we're both happy, healthy, housed, fed and clothed.

I'm thankful we have two healthy old kitties.

I'm thankful we have so many relatives, friends and acquaintances whom we love.

I'm thankful we're so engaged as both citizens (of two different nations) and cultural consumers.

I'm thankful this blog still has readers and commenters after 8+ years, and that I'm still jazzed about posting new content here every day even if I don't have a lot of blogging time.

Maybe I'll even do a blogaround later on in the long weekend. Now, off to my cousin's house for the big feast!

0 comments: