Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Belated Friday Cat Blogging (™ Kevin Drum)

Just finished watching Grey Gardens, and wishing I had some Grey Goose to go with it. Those winters out in the Hamptons are brutal, and I feel like I just spent an entire decade's worth of Hamptons winters in an hour and a half. It certainly passed the Bechdel test (hey, I just found out there's a whole blog about that), and I liked the last 15 minutes or so, but wow, what a slog to get there. Still, an interesting paeon to what might have been, had this mother and daughter not been so utterly incapable of taking care of themselves. And there were kitties. Lots of kitties. Not as pretty as ours, though:







One of my favorite bits from the movie (which, trust me, didn't have that many "favorite bits") comes at the very end of the credits, when Drew Barrymore reads the disclaimer about no animals being harmed, in Edie Jr.'s voice.

0 comments: