Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Silly Site o' the Day

Another good indoor day when I got a lot done, including finishing one out of the four boxes full of DC comps. I'm now getting through the letter "F" going alphabetically. Wow, I can't believe that death in FINAL CRISIS. The Martian Manhunter was always one of my favorite charac-- what? There's another death coming, in an issue which we haven't gotten yet? I don't think I want to know. Watched the slickly-produced Inaugural Weekend concert this afternoon; great seeing Pete Seeger up there playing the banjo and leading the crowd in all the verses of "This Land Is Your Land" (written by his fellow Almanac Singer, Woody Guthrie). HBO's camera panned briefly onto George Lucas in the audience, which made me recall that I still haven't run this, via Graeme at io9:



And yes, Lucas was unmic'ed.

0 comments: