Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Continuing in my quest to get everything at home sorted before starting my new job, today was comics filing day #1, made possible by a grant from Comics 'R' Us Robin going into the loft to put away some stuff that had been hanging in the library since before Christmas, and bringing down some long boxes. The DC comp box stuff from the past year and a half is all done and put back in the library (no more room on the shelves, so they'll stay in long boxes until such time as we move to a bigger place); the Marvels are next, followed by the indies and then all the comps of books on which Robin has worked. I'm keen to tidy up the library as, even though it's the least-used room where the cats' litter boxes reside, it's also where the exercise bike is, and the neater it looks the more apt I am to want to go in there and do my daily biking. I also got Rob to bring down my INSIDE JOKE files, which now reside next to my filing cabinet; every now and then someone asks me an IJ-related question which I can't possibly answer because it was 20-30 friggin' years ago, so it's nice to have them all to hand again. Speaking of organization, have some fun with indexing, via Ann Bartow!

0 comments: