Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Happy Free Comic Book Day! Once again, Robin has not been asked to be involved in any creator signings, not even at the two local shops (not that they know we're here and not that we harbor any such expectations), and between that and my shoulder pain (the real reason I'm cranky and bitching) we're not going to be participating in this year's FCBD. Which saddens me because I've liked the FCBD stuff in the past, and have tried to make a habit out of introducing at least one new person to comics every year, which is kind of the point of the day. If we have the energy we'll be visiting the dry cleaners and the local fruit & veg place, neither of which will feature comics. And then we'll come home where I'll read the rest of the comics in my DC comp box from last month (I can't read the second issue of Tangent: Superman's Reign on which Rob worked because we haven't yet gotten the comp box with the first issue) and pet cats. You've all seen the Engineer's Guide to Cats, haven't you?



It's been lots of places but I first saw it via Amanda. If only Seal Press had used cute cat pictures to illustrate her new book instead of dated and racist Werner Roth art pinched from old Lorna the Jungle Girl comics...

0 comments: