Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day


What a weird feeling watching a potential employer look up my latest ComicMix column whilst I was being interviewed! I felt all proud and nervous and happy at the same time. I still need to stock up on column ideas, for whatever reason (probably the job search) they haven't been flowing as easily as they had been. That's the case for writing and blogging in general, as you can doubtless tell by the lack of activity herein. And during Estrogen Month, too! Other than my interview, today was pretty much cooking and TV and TV about cooking. I finally decided to watch last season's Top Chef which was re-running on Bravo this afternoon, and it's got much less of the reality-show nonsense I don't like (mainly the participants ragging on each other), plus everyone seemed to win something even if it wasn't the Grand Prize which I like too. So I've now set the new season to record. I also removed the last covering off my AeroGarden herbs; so far so good! Have to finish making dinner now. Speaking of TV, here's a Discovery Channel page that helps you create your own puzzles (via HuffPo, believe it or not).

0 comments: