Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

A delicate constitution, to put it euphemistically, has me pretty much taking things slowly during this 23-hour day, and my sciatica (or perhaps my hip bursitis) is still flaring. It's sunny but colder, so I'll probably venture downstairs this afternoon with some empty grocery store boxes that need tossing and that's about it. I plan on finishing the last Ruth Plumly Thompson Oz book I have, but I won't be getting the next three books in the chronological series (34-36) any time soon as they're all written by John R. Neill (who illustrated all the previous ones) and don't appear to be easily attainable via Amazon, particularly not in paperback format. (Eric, any suggestions?) But I'll be sending away to the Wizard of Oz Club for #s 37 through 39, as they have those paperbacks for $12 each which seems fairly reasonable, then I'll read the more recent Oz books I've bought before moving on. Speaking of book series I love, Gerard has found a Parselmouth Generator; make sure your computer's sound is turned on!

0 comments: