Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

Yesterday actually worked out pretty well. I remembered that, even though I was literally sick to my stomach, I could still sit at the computer for lengthy periods of time provided I took frequent lie-down breaks. This bodes well for future employment habits, as I dislike staying home sick particularly if it's nothing contagious, and I know I can get through a day like yesterday as long as I don't move around a lot. I was able to shift yesterday's interview to tomorrow morning, after which I have a mandatory "orientation" meeting at the NYS Unemployment Division office in Harlem -- my first sojourn across 125th Street! -- then another podiatrist appointment in the afternoon, as I'm still feeling a bit of pain in my toe even though I shouldn't any more. I also plowed through a lot of comics and fielded at least three phone calls from recruiters, two of whom were unfortunately from Westchester County, where I'm no longer interested in working (I miss Manhattan!). Today's agenda: organize my job file so I'm prepared for the Unemployment stuff tomorrow. And field more calls; I just got off the phone setting up another interview in the Wall Street area next week. And keep up with blog reading and posting about silly stuff like this creation of Anne Bernstein: Muffgirl! Complete with lyrics and everything. No, it's not what you think.

0 comments: