Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Silly Site o' the Day

I'm totally wiped from this morning's interview, which was for a job not really suited for me and in an inconvenient area into which to commute, thanks to 9/11 -- but I saw it as a touristy thing, as I'd never been to the World Financial Center before, and would highly recommend it and the rest of Battery Park City as a cool place to see, particularly (I would imagine) in the summer. Anyway, left the house at 8:30, didn't get home till 3, dinner was started at 7 but not eaten until 10, so my internal clock is probably all mixed up. Maybe I'd have been better off playing a cooking game rather than actually cooking tonight. But dang, that roasted chicken and veggies was tasty! Oh, by the way, did you know this week (excluding the weekend, of course) is NYC Restaurant Week, wherein lots of upscale eateries are offering 3-course prix fixe lunches for $24.07 and dinners for $35 per person? Here's a list of participating places.

0 comments: