Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Friday, May 04, 2007

Silly Site o' the Day

Via Echidne comes the He-She Ratio measurer, which calculates "the number of pages on the domain containing the word 'he,' then searching for the number containing 'she,' and then looking at the two numbers in comparison." I thought my blog would be male-pronoun heavy in the aftermath of Dad's death (as I'm sure it was female-pronoun-heavy after Leah's death), and I was right; I'm currently at a 61-39 he/she ratio. I think this algorithm would be cool to try out on other pairings, like how many times various US political blogs use the words "Republican" and "Democrat" or "Democratic" (my theory is that conservative blogs use "Democrat" more and liberal blogs use "Republican" more, as many bloggers often seem overly obsessed with "the other side").

0 comments: