Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thank You

As I'd hoped, it has helped to have my close friends around me during this time of non-closure between death and funeral. At least one of those friends recently lost a parent as well, and was able to help comfort me in all sorts of practical ways. Also great thanks to Laura for doing this weekend's Estrogen Month: Pop Culture Edition posts.

I'm not sure what my blogging's going to be like for awhile. The family isn't yet certain of the logistics as far as getting back to New Jersey. I'm probably going to have the laptop with me at my brother's house for the shiva period after the funeral (and even that may be cut short with the onset of Passover) so I can try to lose myself in the virtual world and in fulfilling at least my obligation to Ragnell to host the next Carnival of Feminist SF and Fantasy Fans (wow, a whole bunch of things in that one title that my father never understood) next Saturday, but I really won't know how things are until the official mourning period begins. The actual Carnival posting may be delayed until I'm home again or until the beginning of April.

I will resume posting Silly Sites after the shloshim period, as my Dad liked his silliness. I will try to give this blog new daily content during that time but no promises. I will attempt to continue posting new daily content to the best of my ability on ComicMix as well, but I've been graciously granted as much time as I need to work through this.

I appreciate everyone's understanding and sympathy during this time, more than I can ever articulate.

0 comments: