Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Grieving Process

My mother and brother Jay have just arrived back in New Jersey. My father's body will be flown in later today. The gravesite funeral is tomorrow, and the family will be sitting shiva at Jay & Kara's house from Tuesday evening through Friday afternoon, then again on Saturday evening. Robin and I leave for Millington in a few hours with our laptop and my various necessities for the week, and will be reachable by email or cell phone for those of you who wish to pay shiva calls and get directions to the house.

As I've said previously, I'm not sure exactly what will happen during the shiva period in terms of me blogging -- or anything else for that matter. All I know is that my family comes first. If I can't do any more Estrogen Month posts this week, I'll make up for it next week and the Carnival of Feminists Fantasy and SF Fans will just be posted late, no big deal. Thanks again for understanding.

0 comments: