Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Eatin' o' the Green

Every so often Robin and I get a little silly. (Okay, more often than that.) The avocados I'd bought a few days ago had ripened by today so I decided to make a little salad. Naturally I started noticing all the green ingredients I was using, and then the peripheral green in the other ingredients, and before we knew it Rob was framing the photo:



His idea to put the obligatory Guinness and (background) Irish breakfast tea among the foodstuffs. In the bowl is the cut avocado; the plate in front of that has a cut lime and scallions, as well as chopped cilantro in frozen-then-thawed cube form. Then of course the tomato stems, garlic mill cap, tuna can labels and hot sauce label are all green. If I'd thought of it I'd have brought out the celery too, just for the photo.

0 comments: