Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rethinking Edwards

If this is true - if the Edwards people have caved in to reactionary nutcases and fired Amanda and Melissa, two of my favorite people in the entire virtual world - I have no interest in supporting their candidate. As Peter Stone wrote, "It's a revolution, dammit! We're going to have to offend somebody!" Pam has more, including something I hope everyone will bear in mind: "There are a lot of mouths on both the left and right that shoot off indiscriminately, if passionately, about politics -- and that has no bearing on the ability to write well in a professional capacity, which is why the two were hired to begin with. Melissa has written as a journalist for Raw Story, for example. Her work there in no way reflects her writing style on her personal blog." Yes, if you someone to blog for pay it usually means you like their style, their passion, their voice, but that doesn't mean you expect them to write the same things in their personal blog as they do in their for-pay blog. My style here and on ComicMix will be similar enough that folks will probably recognize the voice in each as belonging to me, but by and large I'm not going to be blogging there about the same things I blog about here. Just like I talk differently on the phone at work than I do at home. I'm really disappointed that this needs to be explained to folks with such little brain (not talking about the Edwards campaign, but the reactionary idiots who manufactured a problem here where there was none to begin with).

0 comments: