Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Monday, November 20, 2006

Welcome, Newsarama and Beat Readers!

Wow, both Heidi and Graeme linked to my review of Thursday's event and said some really nice things to say; thanks y'all! Sometimes it's hard not being categorizable as specifically a comics blogger or a political blogger or a food blogger or whatever (what can I say?, I contain multitudes), I feel like I'm sort of shunted aside from all quarters, but I assure you I'm as enthusiastic about comics now as I've ever been, even though I no longer have the free time nor disposable income to go to lots of conventions or even comics-related events in Manhattan. Anyway, as I'm sure I'll be getting a few more hits than usual from comic'y friends today, I wanted to take this opportunity to remind any fans of my husband Robin's inking that he's inked half of Marvel's Iron Man #14 over Patrick Zircher and his new regular gig is on DC's Manhunter starting with issue #26.

Also, I have been asked to write a regular column for a comics and pop culture website that's planning to debut sometime before the end of this year, alongside other columnists whose names would both cause jaws to drop and people to wonder "how the hell did Elayne get on that list?" This would be my first paid writing gig since the Utne Reader gave me a token $20 to repro something I'd written for INSIDE JOKE around 20 years ago (even though I've had four comics stories published, they've all been for non-profit groups), which is to say my first paid writing gig ever, and I'm fairly well psyched for this assignment with at least a half dozen column ideas already in the can. More as things develop!

0 comments: