Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Liberal Coalition Top Ten
Week of 8/27 thru 9/2/06

Okay, I give up. Can anyone in the Liberal Coalition, or anyone else for that matter, explain to me why on earth a blog needs a press secretary? Don't get me wrong, I love Jane Hamsher, I adore all the great work Firedoglake has done, I'm sure Siun is a lovely lady, but am I missing something? Jude may be quoted at CBS Online, and the BBC blog may repost Mustang Bobby, but I was under the impression blogs are pretty much hobby outlets for one-to-many writers and citizen journalists, not profit-making corporations or triangulating politicians! In any case, here's what's caught my eye from the rest of the just-blogs in the LC:

• Andante makes some good points about acupuncture.

• Bora remembers Mary Shelley on the anniversary of her birth.

• Bryant thinks that jokes about murdering folks aren't all that funny.

• Echidne is still discouraged by how the male-run news covers the female-majority population.

• Jeff's been busy debating other Montana bloggers. Just the thought of debates exhausts me. I'd rather converse.

• For his birthday present, John got a rock.

• Keith talks about the Christian Operating System (although I should think that by now we all know how many so-called Christians operate) and celebrates the DVD release of Gojiro.

• Norbizness presents his interpretation of the Brian Williams/Bush interview.

• Steve Bates has moved his blog to a new location, please make a note of it!

• Steve Gilliard is not enamored of Mark Green's latest campaign tactics.

• Lastly, Trish Wilson's hubby The Count introduces us to his GymSwallow.

Well, that took longer than anticipated (I went shopping between when I started it and now) but it's onto more blog catch-up now! More linky-love to come...

0 comments: