Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

I have three emails sitting in my in-box. One is from Cliff Meth which I keep as a reminder to myself to get my recently-unearthed "Marcinko file" in order and send some stuff to him as soon as I return from vacation. One is from Amanda Marcotte, publicizing her fine AlterNet article exposing anti-choice "clinics." And the last is from John Cleese. Okay, John Cleese's "people," I'm sure. Still, I don't think too many other people have quite that eclectic a triumverate gracing their in-boxes. Anyway, as Robin and I have been catching up with the occasional PBS series Monty Python's Personal Best (I say "occasional" because we've yet to record and view two of the six programs thanks to their interminable pledge drives), I thought it the perfect time to give props to the Minister of Silly Walks and Pratfalls and pass along that "John has recorded a little ditty in honour of the football World Cup." I haven't heard it yet, but I'm sure it's in keeping with all the dignity the man can muster.

0 comments: