Elayne Riggs' Journal (for Leah)

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Silly Site o' the Day

Well, my remarks here and elsewhere about the proposed Friends of Lulu fund seem to have ruffled a few feathers. But I stand by them - a 501(c)3 corporation has a legal obligation to its members and to the public to display transparency in all monetary matters (past and present) and, based on my personal experience, I retain the right to be skeptical for the time being, while at the same time sincerely hoping that the idea of the fund (which is a worthy and much-needed one) morphs into a smoothly-working reality. [Oh, and while I think it's brave of any woman to come forward and relate a traumatic experience such as Taki Soma describes, having a double-x chromosome does not impart to me any special knowledge about her incident that I didn't already discuss and encourage others to publicize back in January when she was still anonymous. And some shift definitely needs to take place to change a system in which a man can get away with harassing or assaulting a woman and then, even if his victim comes forward, if his identity is made public he can add insult to injury and sue for defamation... but I haven't a clue as to how that system can change. But I digress.] Might as well go for broke, then. Here's a very scatalogical look at superheroes in the bathroom. Blame Ann Bartow. We may not have a terribly active comments section (reflective, no doubt, of my frequent lack of hyper-activity on this blog) but we few sure are rabble-rousers, aren't we?

And with that...

...I'm outta here!

0 comments: